Hey look, I finished something from my Q4 Finish-a-Long list! This came about somewhat deliberately, because I didn’t want to work on basting the second half of my Sugar Block Club quilt, so I looked back to see what I had pledged to make, and got to work!
I had picked up this linen handkerchief at the thrift store–it was too lovely to leave behind, and I figured I could rescue the embroidered thistle in another project. I am pretty certain it is unused, by the way. I figured out how to cut out the section with the thistle and piece it into the needlebook cover, using more of the linen and some cotton scraps to make the other half, similar to the pattern. I saved some of the edging with the perforated finish, which in retrospect was fairly bulky and resulted in a wobbly zipper.
No matter, it’s a great looking pouch, and feels really nice thanks to the linen. Now I just need to find some more needles to give them a home.