It was a long weekend, so I made the most of it by progressing two of my works-in-progress and starting a new one!
First and most important, my mini quilt for the #starblockquiltswap is almost done, just the binding to finish. A lot of people on instagram suggested black and white stripe binding, but I remembered how awesome the cotton+steel dottie in night owl is for binding, (and I don’t own any B&W stripe fabric), so here is what I decided.
I finished cutting out the tunic from Handmade Style. Anna (Noodlehead) has finished hers, but it won’t take long if I stick to it. And yes, that’s Liberty lawn for the placket, cuffs, and bias binding. I had won a gift certificate, then I bought 2 half metres, and so it was in my stash which makes it free! Ha!
And I started the Star Light, Star Dark quilt-along with Jessica at Quilty Habit. I loved the colours in her original quilt, so I am doing the same–purple, teal/turquoise, and green. Or maybe I’ll only do the 4 block bay quilt and omit the green.
Linking up to Lorna and friends for Let’s Bee Social.