May is such a busy month in the garden, I don’t feel I’ve got much accomplished in the sewing room. But I have been putting together my tumbler quilt, which is the leader & ender challenge from Bonnie Hunter this year. It seemed to take forever to sew the pairs together, but the rest of the piecing has been reasonably quick. I am now sewing rows and pairing them up to see how many I have, and what size it will end up (I am aiming for about 72″ square).
Fabrics are recycled shirts from my husband, and then I found a few other fabrics in my stash to complement the manly fabrics. Mickey Mouse, of course! The bee on gingham is left over from a pair of overalls I made for a friend’s son (who is now 16 years old). Musical instruments, because we are musical, and some brown argyle I bought for Christmas stockings and never used. I was amazed at how many of these I could get from one shirt, up to 43 tumblers (5″ cut, 4.5″ finished height–if you would like to make the same, I have made a free template at this link in 4″, 5″, and 6″ sizes)
Oops, look at that, this section is a little short. I’m glad I checked!
I will be linking this post to Scraptastic Tuesday with Leanne at She Can Quilt.