Summer dress in progress -ALYOF June

Or call it Deja Vu, except I think I’ve used that title before.  I did get the muslin cut and sewn together for my summer dress since I last posted for ALYOF (a lovely year of finishes), so here is the unvarnished truth.

bodice muslin take 1

Pattern is B4443, Butterick.

The fabric is a traditional quilting cotton that I bought when I first started quilting and didn’t know my style yet. Based on my high bust measurement I cut out an 18 then added 3″ full bust adjustment. I added to the centre panel and ended up with weird bunching which I have pinned out for the picture. I want to try this panel again but I know I need the added width in the centre front without increasing the neck size. As you can see, I also need to add more length to the front. I blame the flabby belly on the fact I had umbilical hernia surgery when I was a baby so I have a tight scar under my belly button.

wpid-20150604_222700.jpg

In case you haven’t seen before, here is my real fabric. Linking up my June goal to Melissa at Sew Bittersweet Designs.

wpid-img_20150112_220302.jpg

Advertisements

One comment

  1. […] dress – I have made one and a half muslins of the bodice, next step I’m going to cut out the real fabric, I think I have the bodice […]

%d bloggers like this: