I finished up two more blocks for the Sugar Block Club block of the month. Once again, I procrastinated July’s block until August’s came out so that I could do two at the same time (I’ll say it is more efficient that way…). I changed out a couple of the main fabrics to match my one cardinal rule–not to sew together two fabrics the same.
I feel I am having to force myself to use the green in my fabric pull, and yet these two blocks seem overly green. Maybe I’ll focus on turquoise and purple for the next two months.
It has been a lot cooler and rainier than normal in Ontario this summer, which means I’ve been able to get in a little more sewing than normal, with being inside being more pleasant than braving the monstrous mosquitoes in the garden. Unfortunately, this seems to mean another round of late blight for the tomatoes. This one is a Red Deuce, supposedly resistant to many of the diseases, firm–almost hard–and not nearly as flavourful as the heritage tomatoes we prefer.
I would like to say it was my daughter, but actually I have been anxiously waiting for the pumpkins to set fruit. Finally on Sunday I recognized this female flower and I hand pollinated it, from one of the numerous male flowers that we have, to help out the bees. Crossing my fingers, I’ll let you know how it goes.
Linking up to Sew Cute Tuesday with Blossom Heart Quilts and Let’s Bee Social with Sew Fresh Quilt.s