On Wednesday, I happily ironed, starched, and cut the border pieces for my Easy Street quilt. I originally hadn’t planned on a border at all (it is 63″ x 85″ without a border, so this works for the twin size I wanted) but I realized that I might get wonky edges during quilting, since they’re on the bias, and I wanted some leeway to trim it up straight.
But when I laid out the pink & yellow floral, I didn’t feel it worked for the quilt. After rummaging through my stash, I came up with some more candidates, so I would like to ask your opinion on my options. A lot of my stash is too modern for this quilt, and although I had originally planned on a 3″ border, I may need to go narrower because some of what I have is not a full yard.
And then, of course, since I was stuck…I did a fabric pull for a new quilt. A little Anna Maria Horner for inspiration and some great solids (colour scheme inspired by Pantone Radiant Orchid and the wonderful quilts being linked up On the Windy Side). Linking up to the Triangle QAL with Paula at The Sassy Quilter and Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation.Adding a link to Fort Worth Studio Fabric Frenzy Friday.